Fall 1996 Movement Issue
About The Diplomatic Pouch
- Here is the article everyone looks so much forward to -- the article
where your publisher always goes off and talks about himself. Go ahead,
The Whole Gang:
World DipCon Special!
- World DipCon VI, held in Columbus, Ohio earlier this year, was a rousing
success and a good time was had by all. But that's just the quick
summary. For complete details, check out the assortment of supporting
evidence (both text and photographs) offered here!
The Big Dipper:
Report from the Champ!
- In addition to the many other reports on World DipCon, Pitt's regular
column this issue puts you right into the action. Share the heat of
the battle with him on his successful drive for the Cup!
- In his role as Openings Custodian, Mark continues the 1995 report
which he began last issue. Find out all about Austrian and Turkish
opening trends in the installments offered in this issue.
Playing Against the Average Player
- Jamie, our professor, provides the results of the class exercise he
assigned in a previous issue. The task was to offer moves for each
of three powers in a specific situation, and let majority rule decide
what the "average" player would do, and what would happen on the board.
Check out the interesting results!
- Diplomacy meets Virtual Reality. Nic reports on this latest and
up-and-coming forum for game play.
The Publisher and the Readership:
- Did you send in anything for the Pouch Deposits? If so, see your name
in lights! If not, see other people's name in lights. In either case,
see what we want to talk about next time, and drop something in the Pouch.
Schwarz et al.:
Hundred: A Three Player Variant
- With companion pieces by Eric Coffey and Charlie Eldred, Andy offers
the first full-length treatment of the wildly successful Hundred variant,
which provides all the benefits of the standard game in a quick,
Sherlock Holmes, Consulting Diplomat
- The waiting is over. The Great Detective reveals his solution to
the Search for the Venison Camper.
Heptartchy: Britain at War
- Geoff presents a new seven-player variant played, in its entirety, on
the British Isles. With a well thought-out map and some good playtesting,
Geoff lays out not only the particulars of the game but also some openings
The Diplomacy Academy
- Dan calls our attention this time to the game "vanier," in a good
study of the three-way draw dynamic.
The Fifth Republic: France in the Modern
- Vince heads to Paris this time around for a look at French openings
and playability in the Modern variant.
Outgoing! Final Reflections of a Diplomacy
- The Pouch says goodbye to its single most constant contributor with this,
Stephen's final installment of his "Incoming!" series. I made the promise
to him when he announced his retirement from these pages that The Pouch
would officially graduate him from newbie status, and it is with pleasure
and pride that I do so. Farewell, Stephen. We hope to see you again.
[ The Zine |
The DPjudge |
Online Resources |
Face to Face |
The Diplomatic Pouch is brought to you by
the DP Council.
The Zine section is maintained by Edward Hawthorne